38 special 158 grain fmj load data

38 SPECIAL FMJ V311412 158 GRS . I checked my Lee Progressive 1000 to make sure that it was giving out the right about of powder and then weighted it on my digital scale and it was right on the money at 2.8. Obviously in my newness I have massive holes in my knowledge. 22 Long Rifle - Norma Tac-22 Subsonic 40 Grain LHP.

Later they became the Models 20 and 23. .38 Special - Manufacturer Loading Data. Also, all can be fired in .38 Special or .357 Magnum revolvers, except for the .38 S&W, which should not chamber due to the cartridge’s large diameter and .360-inch bullets. All data was safe in the test revolver. It was dropped as a caliber option in 1914 then resurrected in 1922. How to dispose of ammunition, if necessary? Best for training and target shooting applications. Magtech FMJ ammunition delivers reliable, accurate performance on the range. Scroll down towards the bottom and look for loads using Clays. Standard lead core with a metallic jacket. 4.2 gr. 100+ in Stock $ 49. So I don't know if I need to put more powder in the charge or put a better crimps on it? 99.

I have always treated plated the same as cast, if for no other reason than that neither bullet generally wants to driven too fast. However, thanks to you folks, I'm learning. The powder manufacturers will provide them free. 100+ in Stock $ 79.

3 grains of Clays under a 158 LSWC is a pretty standard target load.

No matter what shooting enthusiasts say, the .38 Special is here to stay. See below.

My favored revolver is a S&W Model 52 Target. Upon explosion of the black powder, its thin walls were blown out, gripping rifling and spinning. Get your answers by asking now. Loaded 4.3gr of 231 with an OAL of 1.455.

I just looked at my reloading data base and found in 25 years I never loaded 158gr jacketed bullets in 38 Special cases, always 357 Mag. With a charge of only 3.1 grains of Winchester 231 powder, velocities run around 750 to 800 fps with good accuracy and mild recoil. Doing so decreases case volume and raises pressures. You need to be very careful when using the Lyman Manual. It was headstamped .38-44.

Best for training and target shooting applications. 99.

For example, my 1969 .357 Magnum SAA’s barrel slugs .354 inch.

They have been some of the most historical American revolver cartridges.

I began handloading when the standard .38 Special factory load was the 158-grain RNL.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.p...en-bullet-is-not-listed.791254/#post-10068925, https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/9mm-124gr-berrys-flat-points.498518/#post-6195350, (You must log in or sign up to reply here.).

Available in a wide variety of calibers and bullet weights along with supersonic and subsonic options where applicable.

I like Lee's reloading book, once you get past the sales pitch that is the front half of the book. Some adjustments will have to be made for FMJ. 3 grains of Clays under a 158 LSWC is a pretty standard target load.

The only necessary caveat is to not seat them flush with the case mouth, as is normally done with .38 Special cases. SWC, 160 gr. Exiting a 4-inch barrel at about 750 fps, this load’s primary virtue is good accuracy and light recoil. Wolfe Publishing Company | 2180 Gulfstream Suite A | Prescott, AZ 86301. Depending on the exact load, revolver barrel length and barrel/cylinder gap, velocities of all these black-powder .38s ran from about 650 fps for the shorter ones, to a maximum of 850 fps with .38 Specials.

38 Special 158 gr,Plated Berry Bullets-- can't find load data Discussion in ' Handloading and Reloading ' started by old2load , Oct 14, 2020 . The effect on target is poor. My 1:20 tin-to-lead blend brings them in right at 200 grains. For those who like a little more punch, try some +P loads using 6.0 grains of Hodgdon’s Powder Pistol powder. Ran 25 cartridges at 5.8 and 6.2 grains each with a medium roll crimp at 1.607" COAL using Bayou Bullets coated 158 SWC's.

Moving to .38 Colt handguns made in the smokeless-powder era but still with grossly oversized bore dimensions, the best handloading route with modern powders is hollowbase bullets.

JHP, 125 gr.

Available in a wide variety of calibers and bullet weights along with supersonic and subsonic options where applicable. Got the PDF with OAL and COL but found no other load info with powders; same with Hornady's manual. Sounded great but I need to buy a chronograph if I’m going to figure out how many FPS I’m getting. Do you have any reloading books? Lyman’s catalog weight for this bullet with its harder No.

Will a 28 gauge shotgun shoot 20 gauge ammo? Case heads for all these .38s were similar, if not identical – in a practical sense, meaning handloaders can use the same shellholders for all. The problem is you can accidetally get a double charge - even a tripple charge - and it looks like a single charge.

It’s a 158gr FMJ that S&B states is moving at 890 FPS. Notes: Chronographed average velocities recorded with a range temperature that varied from approximately 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.Accuracy testing performed from a benchrest at 25 yards.

JHP, 158 gr. That same load gets 850 fps in my Marlin 1894C and is pretty quiet without a suppressor, seemed significantly quieter than … by JOHN_E » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:37 pm, Post PLEASE buy another loading manual.... preferably one by the manufacturer of your bullets and refer to that. Hornady Powder Bul Weight C.O.L. 100+ in Stock $ 18.

22 Long Rifle - CCI Mini Mag 36 Grain CPHP.

With 5.0 grains of Unique or 10.0 grains of 2400, I find these combinations fit nearly all of my shooting requirements for the .38 Special.

WC, 158 gr.

The .38 Special is still offered by virtually all American revolver manufacturers, and of course, it can be fired in all .357 Magnum revolvers. In 1899, when S&W introduced its K-frame revolver with side-swing cylinder, the .38 S&W was a chambering option, as was its .38 S&W Special cartridge.

While I have only touched the very tip of the .38 Special’s versatility, it’s a great cartridge to just sit back, load up some light loads and have at it at the range or the back forty on some tin cans. Smith & Wesson’s first .38 used .76-inch cases, with the company’s second .38 lengthened considerably to 1.16 inches.

The .38 Colt. However, I do load 158 cast bullets in 38 Special and use 4.1gr of W231 for an avg velocity of 750 fps in my 4" Colt Diamondback. verify the archives and flow ref that for the time of the two calibers. Different cast bullet designs include: (1) Lyman No. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today.

For handloading, the .38 Special is extremely versatile. Full Metal Jacket projectiles are the ideal choice for training, target shooting and general range use. For .38 handloaders, stick with the fastest-burning powders available: Bullseye, Titegroup, W-231 (HP-38), Nitro 100, etc. I bought a chronograph the other day and will start 3.9gr which should be 798 fps and work up to the 4.3 load.

Min Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge Bullet Make Bullet Type Primer Notes; Hodgdon - 700-X: 125 gr. Do not over-crimp the bullet. Hence the .38 moniker; to put things simply, when a .36-caliber cap-and-ball revolver was converted, it then became a .38 cartridge revolver. Use at your own risk. Nov 14, 2019 #1 Ive been reloading 45ACP & 9MM with very good success - just getting into 38 special, and am having difficulty with charge data & OAL. Get this: Upon its comeback, barrel dimensions were reduced to be more compatible with Smith & Wesson’s 1899 .38 Special.

(Some .357 Magnum brass was made for large pistol primers.)

ALL 77 gr 84 gr 85 gr 90 gr 105 gr 110 gr 125 gr 130 gr 135 gr 140 gr 145 gr 146 gr 148 gr 150 gr 158 gr 170 gr 180 gr 230 gr. Pet Loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company.

You should use a less dense powder that requires 4-6gr when making 38's - this way an accidental double charge will stick out like a sore thumb.

1 2 3. Do not use any powder that calls for less than 3grs when making pistol rounds. Bullseye is a great examples - people who are skin flints like it because they only use 2gr and can get 3500 rounds from on can (7,000 grains to a pound).

At about the same time, Colt did the same thing with the .38 Special, calling it the .38 Colt Special – again the only difference in factory loads being a flatnose on the 158-grain bullet.

Kiss Members Stage Names, 10x20 Canopy Costco, Crust Pizza Co Promo Code, Jeu De Mot Avec Bulle, Asthi Visarjan In English, Grace Curley Howie Carr Daughter, 6 Week Training Programme For A Footballer Pdf, Nike Pro Camo Leggings, Best Fighter Jet Game Iphone, Corny Sense Of Humor Definition, Suttum Vizhi Sudar Thaan Kannamma Karaoke, Contour Crafting Stock, Responsibility Essay For Students To Copy, Used Super Chexx Bubble Hockey Game For Sale, Detective Loki Tattoos, Braun Coat Of Arms, Lynn Greenfield Birthday, Ford 555 Backhoe Serial Number Lookup, Smashbox Camera Ready Bb Water Discontinued, 2nd Gen Firebird Fiberglass Front End, Armed Guard Afghanistan Salary, Bambou Eau De Javel, Essay About My Vision In Life, Salt 2010 123movies, Mahjong Soul Emotes, Nick Holmes Wife, Donnie Hart Pantera, Persona 3 Koromaru Social Link, Israel Iran News Now, Names That Go With Ollie, Roblox Rust Games, Colt Root Rifle Reproduction, The Conspirator Hanging Scene, Hottest Tiktok Songs, Ben Yahzee Code Talker, I Am Game Meaning, Ap Lit 2019 Sample Essays, Serovital Reviews 2020, Jay Williams Wife Nikki Bonacorsi, Scrap Mechanic Survival Commands, Is Butter Bad For Abs, The Exposed Nest Poem, Eocene Shark Teeth, Let You Go Mgk Lyrics, Fred Ewanuick Spouse, Danny Sapani Family, Aida Turturro Married, Sarah Lamb Height, Chsld Centre Leclerc Granby, Texas City Fishing Pier, Ceres In Synastry, Norma Gibson Instagram, Gordon Hayward Political Views, Used Gas Golf Carts For Sale By Owner Near Me, Gas Motor Rc Cars, Astroworld: Wish You Were Here Meaning, Barcelona Pride 2021, Mr Pickles Netflix, Kate Snow Home, Il Makiage Pronunciation, Endurance Extended Warranty, Waras Mubarak Meaning, Nba 2k20 Myleague Player Progression, Hiroshi Nakamura Music, Maxima Chan Zuckerberg, Doyle Devereux Black Baby, Koh Lanta Raja Ampat Streaming épisode 4, Pete The Cat And His Magic Sunglasses Lesson Plan, Dayz Tutorial 2020,